Our Aftercare services, including resizing, re-polishing, or repairs are there to assist in the maintenance of your Grew & Co Piece.
We know you’ll want to wear your Grew & Co fine jewellery 24/7, but following a few simple guidelines will prolong the life of your pieces. It is important to read our repairs and warranty information as it relates directly to the upkeep of your item.
The key is to avoid impact, pressure, extreme temperatures and physical compounds or chemicals on your special pieces. In fact, this is crucial to promoting the longevity of your jewellery.
For the mindful maintenance of your Grew & Co jewellery:
- Store your jewellery separately, preferably in a fabric-lined box, to avoid scratching and wear from other jewellery items.
- Apply make-up, hand and body creams and lotions, hairspray and perfume before putting on your fine jewellery as these have compounds which can build up, damage stones or dull your jewellery.
- Always remove fine jewellery before using household chemicals and cleaners.
- Avoid wearing jewellery in the shower or bathtub, as hair care and soap can easily build up behind settings and generally discolour your item.
- Avoid wearing items in swimming pools and hot tubs, as extreme heat and chlorine can damage certain gemstones.
- Avoid wearing jewellery during strenuous activities that can damage the items such as weight lifting, exercising, gardening, vacuuming and so on.
- Also avoid wearing jewellery while cooking, baking or doing dishes.
- Please remove your jewellery before sleeping, which is especially important for necklaces.
- Check for loose gemstones regularly and have your stones professionally checked by us every four to six months.
Metals, gemstones – and despite their hardness, even diamonds – can chip, scuff, scratch or crack if knocked hard enough. While gold is more malleable or ‘softer’ than other metals like platinum, all metals can scratch easily and require similar care protocol. If the stone in your ring has a prong setting, please pay special attention as prongs can snag or bend on surfaces and garments.
A perfect ring fit means it stays comfortably in place without tightness. It should slide on and off with a gentle wiggle, ensuring a secure feel. Steer clear of excessive spinning or looseness for the best fit. With this ideal fit, your ring will be both comfortable and confidently worn every day.
The Grew & Co team want your ring to be the perfect fit. If you’re NSW or VIC based, we encourage you to visit us to be sized up by a consultant in store.
For our international clients, please get sized by a local, reputable jeweller and send us your size over email. Grew & Co is not responsible for incorrect sizing by third parties.
For those planning a surprise, we can make a close estimate of the ring size with clear photos of the recipient's hands and their height measurement. Every ring purchase includes a complimentary resize within the first 6 months. This way, we can ensure the ideal fit by sizing the ring in person after the surprise.
Certainly! We can resize your ring, and the first resize is complimentary within 6 months of the purchase date. Please keep in mind that the customer is responsible for the return shipping of the order.
Cleaning your G&C Piece
Grew & Co recommends routine professional cleans, as over time, diamonds, gemstones and metals can lose their lustre thanks to lotions, oils, soaps and fingers creating a grimy layer.
To get that sparkle back between professional cleans, place your jewellery in a small dish with warm water, a little dishwashing soap and a very soft toothbrush. Use gentle, circular motions and rinse under water. Pat dry and then polish your jewellery with a lint-free cotton cloth.
Every Detail Counts
Every stage of the process takes care and craftsmanship